Charlene Sumlin, wife of Kevin Sumlin, Head Coach, Texas A&M loves to cook! She shares, “I have so many fun things I like to make, but this recipe is so perfect for tailgating. I usually make one pan to bring to tailgate and one to leave home so we can have them for a late night snack. The recipe comes from an OU friend of mine, Caryn Ross.”
Caryn’s Sassy Tailgate Sandwiches
- 1 King Hawaiian Rolls, 12 count
- 1 pound(s) of Black Forest ham, shaved
- 12 Gruyere cheese, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp. of dried onion flakes
- 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) of butter, melted
- 1/4 cup(s) of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tub of Philadelphia Chive and Onion Cream Cheese
Cut all 12 rolls in half. Place roll bottoms in 9×13 pan. Place equal amounts of ham on each roll bottom. Top with a slice of Gruyere.
On each of the roll tops spread a generous amount of the Philadelphia chive and onion cream cheese. Return the tops to the bottoms…making a sandwich.
In a separate bowl mix together the butter, worcestershire sauce, onion flakes and Parmesan cheese. Pour over your sandwiches and let it sit for at least 20 minutes (you can make these ahead of time and allow to sit in fridge overnight).
Place sandwiches, covered in foil, into a preheated 350 degree oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until warmed through.